Harbor Springs Festival of the Book Submission Guidelines
The Harbor Springs Festival of the Book is a three-day event held the last weekend of September, featuring traditionally published authors and illustrators across eight genres--fiction, nonfiction, mystery/thriller, cookbook, poetry, young adult, middle grade,and picture book.
· The Festival looks to feature approximately 50 presenters in panel discussions, authors in conversation, and readings. In general, we do not schedule solo presentations, but will consider if appropriate for a keynote address, or timely/popular topic and/or presenter.
· On Friday of the Festival, all Young Adult, Middle Grade and Picture Book authors/illustrators will be scheduled for visits to area schools, in addition to being scheduled on Saturday and/or Sunday.
· The Festival and its author committee does not consider nor extend invitations to self-published or author-financed published books to be a part of the schedule.
· The Festival does not offer vendor/exhibitor space.
· Hardcover or paperback releases published between October, 2018 and September, 2019 will be considered for the 2019 event.
If the work meets the criteria listed above, and you would like to be considered, please provide the following:
1. Please send, or have your publicist, send a copy or ARC of the book to be considered, a press kit with author bio, previous work, link to the author website and any social media links. Books submitted will not be returned.
2. Mail to: HSFOTB, P.O. Box 766, Harbor Springs, MI 49740
3. Email to: email@example.com
4. Submissions will be accepted from January 1 – April 30, 2019.
5. Meeting the submission criteria does not guarantee an invitation to participate in the Festival schedule.